Friday, September 23, 2011

Sinners in the Hands of a angry God

As I read this sermon, all i could think of was WOW.! How could people possibly live their lives in such threat and treachure. I couldnt possibly go to church that often and hear such horrible things and accept life as that way. Never in the sermon did I read positive things about God and how no matter what you do, he will still love you. I now umderstand why there is pretty much no such thing as forgiveness being a Puritan, with crazy things they think God will do to them, i wouldnt even think twice about forgiving someone, let alone doing something where i would need forgiveness. Im glad they wanted to live their lives without sinning, but its honestly kind of hard being a pure christian. Even if you dont know it, more than likely you sin everyday. But the love God has for us is so strong, that he is willing to forgive us. I wish the Puritans were able to understand that. <3

1 comment: